Led the design and construction of a new greenhouse facility for the research institution of The Ohio State Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) through Design/Build joint venture with General Contractor (Summit Construction). The original greenhouse facility was destroyed by tornado.
Scope of Work Included:
- Extensive site work including site remediation, utilities, mass excavation and site grading
- Development of the greenhouse components design and scope of work
- Provide budget pricing to allow OSU to prioritize based upon their budget
- Establishing greenhouse bid packages
- Solicitation and qualification of greenhouse material suppliers
- Procure greenhouse structure and mechanical components (heaters, controls, shade, benching, lighting
- Scope reviews of all bid packages to determine the best valued subcontractors for MEP
- Daily project management and quality control of contractors throughout all phases of work
- L.L. Klink self-performing erection and glazing of a NEXUS aluminum greenhouse structure with glass glazing, 16 individually controlled compartments, environmental controls, hot water heat, fan and pad cooling, energy/shade curtains, HID lights, irrigation, fertigation, HAF fans.
Brian Hanna, P.E. Director, CFAES Facilities and Capital Planning, The Ohio State University
Rick Van-Deusen, Project Manager, The Ohio State University