Designed, procured, and currently constructing 25,000SF production and 9,000SF research greenhouses that aligns with Ohio State University's mission of providing a platform for interdisciplinary research.
Scope of work for the $35.8 million dollar project includes:
- Validating and value engineering architects greenhouse design documentation from conceptual specification through conformed CD drawings.
- Establishing and finalizing greenhouse bid packages including specialized greenhouse system to support objectives
- Final selection of two separate greenhouse manufacturers to meet the defined requirements within the budget established by the university.
- Procurement of greenhouse all structural and mechanical components (heaters, controls, shade, benching, lighting).
- Scope reviews of all bid packages to determine the best value subcontractors for MEP and concrete.
- Project management and quality control of all manufacturers, suppliers, and subcontractors through each phase of work.
- Self-performing erection, glazing, and commissioning of approved greenhouse structures (JGS and Van Wingerden) and equipment.
- Collaboration with all approved MEP contractors on the means and methods and sequence of installation.
The following link provides an overview of the project.
Brian Hanna, PE Director CFAES Facilities and Capital Planning, The Ohio State University
Morgan Richardson, Project Manager, The Ohio State University